First of all, if you’ve arrived here and you’re new to the idea of Foodie Penpals, here’s the lowdown:
- All interested parties in the UK and Europe – bloggers and blog readers alike – sign up by the form available at the bottom of the Terms and Conditions post
- Participants are matched on the 5th of the month
- Penpals send thoughtful, food related parcels, on or before the 20th of the month. The parcels can include home baked treats, shop bought treats (especially local or unusual things), cake cases or decorations – use your imagination. The parcel must include something hand written – a note explaining the box’s contents, a recipe card, whatever you like. The price limit for the boxes is £10 – this is a limit, the point is not the cost, but the thought (no, really!)
- Penpals open their boxes and rejoice!
- At the end of the month, everyone blogs about their box, or writes a guest blog post if they are usually a blog reader and not writer. Everyone reads one another’s posts and rejoices some more.
You can find out more and sign up using these links:
- Foodie Penpals – How it Works
- Foodie Penpals – Terms and Conditions
- Foodie Penpals – Sample Email
- Foodie Penpals – Postage Finders
- The original Foodie Penpals at The Lean Green Bean, for US and Canada penpals
Below is the link to our January Foodie Penpals linkup page for those of you who already take part. I still haven’t got it quite figured out, so it doesn’t look exactly like it used to on Lindsay’s blog, but it will do the trick.
Please add your links as you wish!